- Hello reader, this post is on a topic I wrote about during my days as a social media marketing manager at a digital media production company. I hope that this post will encourage and incite motivation in the reader to explore ways to improve their content presentation. If you are in any fields of business or study business courses in college then this will surely be a beneficial post to check out.
Technology rules our everyday lives as we constantly see people eyes buried on smartphones. We still have billboards and print media displayed throughout cities, but it isn’t something that would captivate and engage the attention of a consumer and that’s why video marketing is a great new addition to a business promotion toolbox. It’s the most versatile and profitable digital marketing tools out there and should be utilized at any cost.
Moreover, video marketing has become a vital part that should continue to be implemented into a business marketing strategy as we’re in a day in age where everywhere we turn technology is in front of us.
There are many reasons businesses will flourish in the coming years and as technology advances in outstanding ways, this will lead to print media, billboards, and the traditional stagnant promotion to be gone and forgotten. So, how is video marketing a better option than photos for advertising?
And how can video marketing triumph as a way of capturing the attention of the consumers who might not be familiar with a business’s product/services? Well here are some ways video marketing is the right direction for business promotion.
Social Media Benefits From Videos
Videos are a great way to deliver messages that are long and short when the audience may not want to stop and read images. A lot of social media users prefer this content method. Short clips can display information in bits while the longer ones can extend into a longer message but it still does its best to captivate the viewers’ attention.
The result of this can boost brand awareness which will increase the number of shares for the business. However, for a video to be worth sharing business would need to invest some time and money (i.e. Superbowl commercials).
With that said, videos have the ability to have an impact on a potential consumer if they find the message worthwhile, hence why hashtags are used to create a trend.
Videos Impact On Consumer Behavior
If a business has a message to promote attached to their products/services a quick to the point the informative video will reach more people and reduce boredom.
In other words, people will click through pages and might lose interests if they can’t get to the point of the video’s message, and that’s why images and text usually get less engagement in this situation because all comes done to how quickly and effectively a videos message for a brands products/services can get to the point.
5 reasons Businesses Should Use Video Marketing
1. By adding a product or marketing video on your landing page this can increase conversions by 80%.
2. Videos build trust – Content marketing is based on trust and creating long-term relationships is ideal for future success. The goal is to stop selling and let the people come to you by providing them something that’s worthwhile and has useful information.
3. Videos appeal to mobile users – Video and mobile complement one another. 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices.
4. Video marketing can explain everything – Is the business you’re running going to launch a new product or a service? Well, the most logical thing to do is to create a video to show how it works. 98 % of consumers claimed they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service and thus figured out how to go about using it.
5. Videos engage even the laziest buyers – While video is an easy and great tool for learning, it’s very easy to consume with no effort involved on the users’ end. Today’s life is all about instant gratification. By watching a video they’ll be able to see the product in action instead of reading a long product or service description and eventually becoming bored.
In closing, video marketing has become the new go–to method for businesses to promote content that’s interactive and entertaining. Images and text still have a place in advertising but the amount of detail that’s included within them needs to limited so the attention of the potential consumer will not be hindered. I hope this was informative and if so leave a like and comment if you would like to chime in. Also follow my page for future posts. As always peace and keep it real.